We are a Jodo Shinshu Buddhist temple.
In this section our goal is to provide some clarity as to what that means. We start with some background information about the origins of Buddhism and then provide more detail about Jodo Shinshu Buddhism, its founder, and some of its traditions. Of course, here we can only scratch the surface of Jodo Shinshu and encourage those seeking more information to research the many other Buddhist resources available online and an excellent starting point is the Buddhist Churches of America (BCO) and the Center for Buddhist Education (CBE).
- Origins of Buddhism
- Shin Buddhism
- Essentials of Shin Buddhism
- Shinran Shonin – Founder of Jodo Shinshu Buddhism
- Jodo Shinshu . Faith (new)
- Buddhist Terms
- Jodo Shinshu: A Guide (and Additional Resources)
- Introductory Guides / Brochures to Shin Buddhism
- Buddhist Churches of America (BCA) – San Francisco California
- History of Buddhist Church of America
- BCA Church Directory – List of BCA Churches
- Links to BCA Related Websites and Pages
- Jodo Shinshu Hongwanji-Ha (Nishihongwanji) – Kyoto Japan
- BCA Collection @ UCLA – Histories and Archives – Los Angeles CA
Additional Dharmanar will be scheduled once the Covid-19 Shutdown is over.
- Center for Buddhist Education (CBE) – Berkeley CA
- Institute for Buddhist Studies (IBS) – Berkeley CA
- Hongwanji International Center – Kyoto Japan
Online Buddhist Education Programs