– Obon Food and Street Festival Cancelled for 2021 – We hope to offer a virtual program… for 2021…
- Note: Vegan/Vegetarian Food Options Available.
– Cancelled for 2021 – Schedule – Saturday
- 3:00 pm : Dining Area and Snack Bar Open
- 3:00 – 7:00 pm: Food Bazaar and Ohara Ikebana Floral Exhibit
- 3:45 – 4:30 pm: Urasenke Tea Ceremony demonstration
- 4:00 pm : Temple tour/Q&A with Rev. Harry Gyokyo Bridge
- 5:00 – 5:45 pm: Koto Performance by Shirley Muramoto Koto Studio
- 5:45 – 6:30 pm: Taiko Performance by Eden Aoba Taiko
- 6:30 – 7:15 pm: Japanese Music Performance by Chidori Band
- 7:30 – 9:00 pm: Obon Odori dancing
– Virtual Hatsubon and Obon Service Video Presentation – Schedule – Sunday
- 9:30 am : Hatsubon Service
- 10:30 am: Obon Service
- 12:00 pm: Obon Lunch
Note: Parking is limited to available street parking and parking lots. BART is a convenient option. Driving and Transit Infomation
– Cancelled for 2021 Obon Dance Practice Schedule
7:30 – 9:00pm – BCO Hall
July 15 – Monday
July 17 – Wednesday
July 23 – Tuesday
July 25 – Thursday
July 29 – Monday
July 31 – Wednesday
August 1 – Thursday
*Practice dates subject to change.
During the Buddhist Church of Oakland’s Obon Festival in August honor past members of your family through a Memorial Tribute tag hung from the Obon Lanterns above the dance area on Jackson Street and throughout the Church grounds and hall…
2019 Obon Shift Schedule
Please check the Obon Schedule for your shift time and area. If you do not see your name on the list, please contact the Church Office.
Any extra time you help (beyond your schedule times) is needed and appreciated.